Happy Halloween! While enjoying this fun day, here are some important safety tips to ensure you and your family can remain safe while celebrating:
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks, and look both ways.
- Keep your head up and walk and do not bury your head in an electronic device.
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them.
- Walk on sidewalks or paths whenever possible.
- Watch for cars that are turning or backing up.
- Adults should provide supervision for trick-or-treaters under age 12.
- If no adults are present, encourage children to trick-or-treat in groups.
- Drive with extreme caution when traveling with trick-or-treaters and take extra time.